Thursday, July 2, 2009

What happened?

What happened just after I posted the last post is this.


Wordpress gives you some awesome features, what blogger does is it gives you all the freedom. Which means Wordpress is easier and fashionable, the dynamic Blogger requires skill. I have experimented with html before, but that is it. I couldn't make this blog any sexier on my own. So I searched for free templates with exciting options and I came across a Philippines website. When I installed the template it started showing google ads. Advertisement is something I hate. I know, speaking from an econmist pov, advertising is benefial for costumers since it increases the competition of the products, and the informed costumers now have options. But information is not as plain as it seems. If you are acquainted with "promotion focus"/"prevention focus" like psychological jargons, you would know that cost of being misled outweighs the benefit of product information.

Anyway, I didn't have any adsense account, I never wanted to, and now there was an ad prominently sitting under my first post. Sometimes, it would be a disgusting one like LK advani's prime ministerial ad. No matter what I tried, the ads stuck. I changed templates, deleted entire css code, posted in forums, followed suggestions, deleted the particular adsense codes they suggested. Nothing worked. So, I changed to the classic theme. The ad was gone. But when I reverted it was still there. I had to keep the blog in classic theme forever. But I missed not being able to put up gadgets. I especially like the list. I wanted to have a book list.

Then a couple days back, I realised I could import the blog, save it, delete it, create a blog in the same id/name and import it. Blogger says you can do it. It worked. The old links I have given elsewhere is still working. And the stupid and irritating ad i gone. I am so relieved.

So now, after several months I am back.

No comments:

Post a Comment